Occasionally when I add a cheap plastic rhinestone to my resin/bezel projects it completely dissolves. That is not the case for all plastics…just very cheap items. So I was curious to see if I could pour resin into these plastic rings.
I bought a bag of these inexpensive rings.
I do not know if they are plastic or acrylic.
I placed them on super sticky tape so that I could pour in resin.
My first pour of Envirotex Lite created the clear back.
Then, working on the cured first layer, I added some stickers and a charm and finally the second pour of Envirotex Lite.
When everything had set for 48 hours, I peeled away the tape backing and now I have these fun new beads!