|I love how the resin makes the colors POP!|
8″ x 10″ canvas
Castin’ Craft Color Pigment Concentrate: blue, white
Castin’ Craft Transparent Resin Dye: red, yellow, blue, green, pearl
Ultra-Seal™ Multi-purpose Sealer
Ann Butler’s Iridescents by Earth Safe Finishes: Lilac gel medium and Onyx powder
Image from magazine
DecoArt® Moldeling Paste™ Paintable Texture
DecoArt® Texture Glass™
Spare Parts® embellishments: mirror, comb
Inka Gold Metallic Rub, steel blue
Spectrum Noir™ markers: BP2, PP5, PP3
Copic Sketch, YG06 (yellowish-green)
Copic Ciao Y28 (lionet gold)
Clay face – pre-made
Tools: palette knife, paint brushes, mixing cups, stir sticks, pipettes, cloths, craft mat
- Cover your canvas with modeling paste in a ‘rough fashion’ – i.e. leaving lines, valleys, etc. This will create natural boundaries and contained areas into which you can pour your resin. You can also use tissue paper. Let it dry. N.B. *Keep in mind the area you want to place your image so you can leave that area relatively flat).
- Mix your resin according to manufacturer’s instructions. Choose your pigment colors and you can mix a drop of color with resin in a small cup and have all the colors ready to work with. *If you do mix them like this you must work quickly before the resin starts hardening OR Using a craft mat, mix some resin and pigment directly on the mat, and create more as necessary.
- You can brush the resin on and/or fill the cavities by using a pipette (this is like a medicine dropper).
- Brush on the Iridescents on some of the flat surfaces.
- Give your cut paper image a coat of texture glass and let it dry.
- Glue your image to a piece of cardboard you have cut to match the shape of your image. This adds strength and structures to the paper before you glue it to your canvas.
- I used modeling paste to attach the image by smearing it onto the canvas. Let it dry.
- Glue on the head and embellishments using Ultra-Seal
- Color your image and clay face with markers.
- Dry brush your sentiment with onyx Iridescents by mixing a very small amount of the powder with a lot of water and then brushing it across the paper. This gives the sentiment a beautiful, iridescent sheen.
- Once dry, glue the paper sentiment to your canvas using Ultra-Seal.
< li>Highlight metal embellishments with Inka Gold by applying a small amount on the end of a cloth and then buffing it with a clean cloth
|For more creative inspiration visit Roberta at http://www.decorablesart.com|