Hi everyone, Madeline Arendt here to share a project I created using EnviroTex Lite. Around this time of the year, I get excited for the cooler days and the changing colors. Being from the midwest, I love Autumn time!
This project began with a small 12″ x 8″ unfinished, wooden tray. NOTE: Any size tray will work, but the amount of the pour-on finish will have to be adjusted accordingly.
- Paint the outside, bottom and around the inner sides of the tray with brown paint. NOTE: If desired, dry brush the painted surface with a metallic color, such as copper.
- Layer torn pieces of yellow tissue paper onto the bottom, inside of the tray using Ultra-Seal. Allow to dry well.
- Place real or artificial leaves onto the tissue paper as desired. Use Ultra-Seal to secure the leaves in place. Allow to dry well. NOTE: If necessary, cover the leaves with parchment paper and weight them down till dry.
- Varnish the tray and allow to dry.
- Prepare the EnviroTex Lite® according to the package directions (Click here for step by step instructions). Once mixed properly, immediately pour into the tray. Set aside to harden 24 – 72 hours.
- Add a decorative ribbon around the outer sides of the tray. (OPTIONAL).