Yesterday I showed you the bezel project I started working on. I am using a Klimpt painting for this series and the colour palette is very light.
I bought these vintage dried flower postcards at an antique market in Paris. They remind me of the Edelweiss postcards we have from family in Austria. I think they might even be edelweiss, but when I compared them to the dried flowers I have they looked a little different.
I carefully removed the flowers from the card backing. The glue is so old now that I can peel the flowers off slowly. Dried flowers in resin look beautiful. These flowers are very “furry” almost like felt so I knew I would see them darken a little under resin. I glued them in my bezels and covered them in Pod Podge several times.
Here are my bezels with Envirotex Lite poured in. I did not pour the resin right to the brim. I am going to let this pour cure and do one final “doming pour.” These already look fantastic!